Friday, October 19, 2012

When I saw that the I could go back to 1992 with the Lewiston Sun Journal I was excited. I remembered reading an article concerning Zachary Taylor's remains being exhumed to check to see if he had been poisoned. I tell that story to my students every year but do not have a copy of it. I thought that it must have been in the 1990s somewhere so figured I could easily track it down. Well, noting comes up in any of those newspapers about that event so I guess it was either 1991 or 90. I would like to access the other papers mentioned outside of Maine but have not investigated that at this time. That's on my to do list. Since I wasn't having any luck with that story I decided to look up my kid's names and see what articles appeared. That I did have good luck with since they both participated in sports (and actually got on honor roll a few times!) while in high school. I actually found their names mentioned a couple of times in articles from other newspapers that I did not subscribe to so that was kind of cool. Of course with the good also comes the bad of any foolish court news but...at least neither of them is in jail at this time!

Did check out the tutorial. May have to watch again to see if it says anything about getting on newspapers outside of Maine.

I have read a number of blogs from fellow participants. I cannot seem to reply using safari but our computer guru did get me hooked up correctly on firefox. Now the issue is remembering how he did that. All I have done so far is send one participant a "this is a test message". Sorry Nance!

1 comment:

  1. Hi lyn, I've had an issue posting to this blog, hummmm, HOpefully you'll see this one. I enjoyed your blog and an intrigued by the small bit of Zachary story you shared. I don't remember that and I've lived here since 1987. Guess I need to do some research. Thanks for sharing, Mary04001

    ReplyDelete