Monday, October 8, 2012

week two

Going to have to do this assignment in two parts. First comparing elementary and middle school differences in Britannica. First I misread the assignment and spent quite a bit of time on the Learning Zone for K-2. I was really getting annoyed on why I couldn't look up aardvark when I finally reread the directions and discovered that wasn't where I was supposed to be. However, let me just say that playing on the Learning Zone was fun...
Anyway...Obviously there was more detailed information on the middle school information but still the same pictures. I do like the fact that once I made an account to save information on the workspace it transferred to either site. So the information I saved on the elementary one showed up as well on the middle school. I assume that would work with the high school as well. I also liked the dictionary that is available to use if a word shows up that one is unfamiliar with. However, I wish it would read the entire definition aloud. It will say the word but not the definition. I would think that would be very helpful with lower level readers. Actually if the entire article could be read that would make it easier for many students.
Lastly, the bibliographies are already sited! I had noticed that with other online encyclopedias. Does this mean that the frustration of teaching proper bibliography procedure to students will disappear as well? One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment