Thursday, November 1, 2012

Novelist Plus

Neat tool for finding books appropriate for all age levels in different categories. As a history teacher I spent time looking for books on different events in U.S. history. Must just be the categories I was looking under but they didn't have a very high rating. Then I checked out the view section the assignment had mentioned. Now I was able to find books by popularity. This worked out better. Was  able to read info about different books in both 8-12 and teen. I am still not sure what the purpose of MaineCat is. Does it help locate books around the state? Should I be able to see if these books are at my school or town library? Nothing happened when I clicked on them.   Not sure yet what I would do next if I wanted to use the book for a student. Typed in David Baldacci and saw the list of other authors who wrote similar styles I have to be honest here. Don't know when I would use this in my history class. I don't do book reports or assign extra reading. Nice to know there are a number of books about historical events on the 8-12 and teenage reading level.  The last thing I looked at was book talk. I got confused. I haven't figured out exactly what that is supposed to do. Add it to my check back some other time list..

No comments:

Post a Comment